De onderstaande levenslessen, overgenomen uit een nieuwsbrief van Philip Humbert dienen met een glimlach bekeken te worden:
1. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved its full potential, that word would be “meetings.”
2. There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
3. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
4. You should not confuse your career with your life.
5. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.
6. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
7. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. If anybody cares how you dance, feel sorry for them. They need to get a life and learn how to have fun.
8. The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.
9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
10. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
11. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.
12. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
13. Don’t think that because a person is having fun they are drinking to excess. Some people have fun naturally, andyou need to find out how they do it.
14. Never fry anything when you are naked.
15. And always remember, real friends will love you anyway.